Friday, September 19, 2008

We Made It!

We made it across the Atlantic!  We actually made such good time, that we've been traveling about half speed the last two days.  I'll have all day today to explore and check out Walvis Bay and tomorrow I'm off on a safari with a few friends until the day we leave.  The US dollar is very strong here too: A 45 minute taxi shouldn't cost more than $2.50 US!  I completed my Brazil video yesterday, so its been nice to be on schedule, then I'm hoping the passage from Cape Town to Chennai will allow enough time to finish both videos for Namibia and South Africa.  But ya, ship life over the last 8 days has been great, classes are moving right along, and last night I was in the first place group for a So You Think You Can Dance contest.  We did a Lion King Medley dance...I was Simba.  And the prize was to be first off the ship and a gift cert to the snack bar!  Either way it was a lot of fun, and thats what matters right?...I'll be keepin y'all posted when I can, and you can count on a debrief of my Namibian adventures when I return.  Hope all's well.  "There is no other day.  All days are present now...This moment contains all moments"- CS Lewis


-mason



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that all that time you spent in chorale has paid off! And that you are aware of the value of the dollar. Enjoy yourself and drink in what surrounds you.
Love
Dad

Laurie said...

Hay Mason! Glad you made it across the Atlantic in good shape and good time. Enjoy the safari. Can't wait to see the pictures! Hugs to you. Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud at this dance reference, Mason! All those crazy ASB activities w/ your wild friends has paid off! :) So great to read this today and hear what you are doing. Have a fabulous time...wow...a safari! W /pride and love, Mom

Anonymous said...

correction..have paid off....

Anonymous said...

Please keep your hands and and feet inside the vehicle at all times!

Anonymous said...

Safari... awesome. Can't wait to see the pictures! Christopher want's to move to Africa because then he can "be rich." Tried to give him a lesson in Exchange Rates 101. He still thinks it's a great idea...
Be safe & have fun.
YWSM

Anonymous said...

Hi Mason! Carolyn told me about this website. Glad you're having fun out there! Be extra safe! Please, we love you.

Laurie said...

Amy, I just figured out YWSM. Pretty funny! Isn't this exciting to follow? Start saving your money because Christopher is bound to want to do this sooner than you think.
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting the next posting. Looked at the ship details again and noticed the piano bar... maybe another avenue for your many talents! My class is enjoying following you..a great way to get in the latitude and longitude! Love you!