Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leavin Japan!

Can't believe I'm leaving Japan tonight. Seems like I barely stepped foot on the ship and now I've been to 8 different countries! Next port of call: Hawaii, USA! This has been an incredible experience so far.  Thank you all for your patience with my blog.  I understand I've left you hanging for some time now and promise to have some fresh literature in the days to come.  Please forgive me for getting behind, this rhythm of off and on the ship has been so hard to get used to.  And as far as productivity goes, its nearly impossible for me to be of any creative use in the days just following port.  So, I hope to get caught up by the time I reach Costa Rica.  Thank you again for your patience, love, prayers and thoughts back home.  Can't wait to see you all and share our stories from the last few months.

-mason


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy taking it all in! Can't believe you're this far in your journey either. Tie flies, but what an amazing adventure and gift to have had the experience. Be safe...
YWSM

Anonymous said...

Mason,
It is hard to believe that so much time has gone by yet it feels like yesterday when I watched the ship depart Nassau. Your blogs, emails, and the school's videos have kept you close. We are all looking forward to reading your next blog and I cannot wait to find out if you found my childhood neighborhood in Yokohama.
Love,
Dad

ESG said...

hey buddy!

yeah, i didn't get used to getting on and off the ship until my last port, so i know what you mean. I can't wait to see photos and the stories that go with them! see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Mason, I'm taking a guess here, I'm not sure if you are the same "Mason" that is putting together the video for Kurt's service but my daughter, Nina, said that that exercise in talking about Kurt, helped her. Thanks for your creativeness. Enjoy the remainder of the trip. Mrs. Shaw

Laurie said...

Hi Mason ... You have been on my mind so much lately. Thanks for writing on this blog when you can and for sharing some of the pictures. They are just enough to whet my appetite for more. Thanks so much for thinking of me with the snake around your neck. You do love your Aunt Laurie, don't you? See you in December ... Can't wait to see your face and hear your stories.

Anonymous said...

Posted @ 3:53 AM? Way past your bedtime, young man!! Thanks for the latest note. Know how busy you have been, and it is just a treat to see your words and know you are safe! Enjoy every second of this last leg of your journey, and know we are all here w/ open arms and prayers for you. Always proud, Mamacita

Laurie said...

Mason, it's Thanksgiving Eve and I'm thinking about how thankful I am for my family. Of course, that includes my special snake-loving nephew! Miss you lots and can't wait to see you in person next month. Hugs!